Colorado National Monument

Colorado National Monument
My Hike Through Wedding Canyon

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Facebook Personal Learning Webinar



I recently gave a personal learning webinar presentation about Facebook. Now, while I'd used Facebook for quite some time, I'd never really taken the time to delve into the inner workings of Facebook and really see what kind of controls I can set, or even how to create a page other than my personal page that was created when I originally signed up for Facebook. So I went to work. My mother owns a tutoring business for high school kids and has wanted me to create a Facebook page for her business, so with that in mind, I got down to the business of creating a business page for her. Once I logged into my Facebook account, I went to the gear icon at the top right of the page to see if I could start there because I just wasn't sure. Once I clicked on the gear icon link I realized this link is the portal to most things you can set and create on Facebook. There are links here to set or change all your settings, to create a page, and you can also switch between which profile or page you're using Facebook. Once I clicked on 'create page', I was guided through 5 easy steps to create the page. After the page had been created, I went back to the gear icon and clicked on the settings link, and from there I was able to set things like who can see my posts, who can post to my page, whether or not I want to review those posts first, who can tag me in pictures, and who can see my pictures. That's just a small example of the settings you can set on Facebook for your privacy. A few examples of business uses for Facebook could be tracking how many people have liked a certain post you have put up, or what customer complaint or compliment posts have been posted to your business page. Again, there is so much more beyond that for your business with Facebook, so log on and go exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment