Colorado National Monument

Colorado National Monument
My Hike Through Wedding Canyon

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mobile Marketing is a Must!


I may have mentioned it in one of my earlier blog posts, but I conduct most of my internet activities on my phone. I love my phone. I'll be an adult and admit it; I'm completely addicted to it. It's just easier to grab my phone and use it as opposed to opening my laptop and logging on, or having to get up and walk all the way across the room and log on to my desktop computer. That's pretty lazy, isn't it? Either way, when my phone is right there next to me, why not just grab it and use it? The term 'mobile marketing' was first introduced to the world at the 2009 D&AD Awards. This was before the introduction of tablets to the market, and when it wasn't essentially a given that most people carried a smartphone around with them. Mobile marketing is an extremely broad term that encompasses many different tools marketers use, or can use, to reach their target market. Things such as mobile device applications, SMS, MMS, location based marketing, mobile gaming, QR codes, and push notifications are just a few examples of techniques used in mobile marketing. Unbeknownst to me I was using mobile marketing before I knew there was a term for the app on my phone, or the SMS messages I was receiving from my local grocer when I was in the store. In my opinion, mobile marketing is a must have for companies as part of a marketing plan. The analytics are relatively easy to track, and below I've attached an infographic from the Mobile Marketing Association which shows that about a quarter of people admit to being addicted to their phones, like me.

 































Knowing these facts, I wonder what the reasons are for businesses not to use mobile marketing?

No comments:

Post a Comment