Like I said in my first post of this blog, I'm pretty
much a novice at all things Web 2.0, and giving an online live presentation,
social media related or otherwise, was completely brand new to me. I admit it;
I was intimidated by the enormity of it with it being our midterm grade and
never before having used any type of webinar platform. I'm very thankful that
my instructor, Dr. Alice, offered a few opportunities to get into Adobe Connect
and practice and learn. It's definitely a good thing I attended both practice
opportunities because I had microphone AND
software issues with both Chrome and Internet Explorer. My mic never worked
with Chrome but I was able to upload a document, and then...I just wasn't able.
It just stopped working in the middle of my practice. Then, with Internet
Explorer, again my mic didn't work but I was able to upload a document without
problem, however, I wasn't given the option to exit the meeting. The link at
the top of the page just wasn’t there. It baffled me and Dr. Alice so she
contacted someone who could help and we learned that Firefox has the most
stable platform to use with Adobe Connect. I downloaded Firefox and was good to
go! Giving presentations has never really bothered me, however, the element of
an unknown delivery system, and technical problems during practice on top if
that, had me waking up at 3 in the morning thinking about all of it! Needless
to say, the presentation went well, technically, and after listening to the recorded
version of my presentation, I'm pretty happy with my delivery of it too. I'm
not under any disillusion that it was perfect, mostly because I'm unsure if the
citations are correct, but I think did pretty ok. At the time of this posting,
I haven't gotten a grade back yet, but I'm hoping Dr. Alice agrees with me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment